LEMON ESSENTIAL OIL – WHERE DOES IT COME FROM?
LEMON essential oil comes from the zest or rind of the fruit. It has a pleasant, strong aroma. If you don’t have a bottle of essential oil and if you would like to experience it, cut a slice of rind from a lemon, place it in a cup and pour boiling water over it. The resulting aroma is from the essential oil that has come out of the rind.
MULTIPLE BENEFITS AND USES
Lemon is a powerful cleansing agent that purifies the air and surfaces, and can be used as a non-toxic cleaner throughout the home.
The lemon oil is frequently added to food to enhance the flavor of desserts and main dishes. Food Glorious Food
Taken internally, it provides cleansing and digestive benefits and supports healthy respiratory function. Add to a glass of water for a refreshing and healthy boost throughout the day.
Diffuse lemon essential oil for a very uplifting and energising experience which helps improve mood.
SOME WAYS TO USE LEMON ESSENTIAL OIL
- Take internally to assist with seasonal respiratory discomfort.
- Add to a spray bottle of water to clean tables, countertops, and other surfaces.
- Use lemon essential oil as a great furniture polish; simply add a few drops to olive oil to clean, protect, and shine wood finishes. • Use a cloth soaked in Lemon oil to preserve and protect your leather furniture and other leather surfaces or garments.
- It is a great remedy for the early stages of tarnish on silver and other metals.
- Diffuse to create an uplifting environment.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. I like to use dōTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil .
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.